(LDO) – If the scene of snakes swallowing crocodiles surprised many people, the images of crocodiles being attacked by otters below will also surprise you.
Otters attack and eat small crocodiles
These incredible images were taken by photographer Geoff Walsh in 2011 at Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuge in Florida, USA. However, they were only announced on social media by the US Fish and Wildlife Service earlier this week.
According to the caption posted with the photo, after a while of attack, the large otter finally pulled the juvenile crocodile into a grove of trees and chewed.
The reason this photo surprised the online community is because normally, heavy animals like otters often hunt small fish and crustaceans. Occasionally they consume amphibians and reptiles.
The picture also proves that despite having a rather gentle and cute appearance with smooth fur, otters are formidable predators in freshwater environments.
- Detecting metal on copper, discovering double treasures “stunned” the scientific world
- Fireballs 2 million times brighter than the Sun flare in the Earth’s sky
- Lost for 152 million years, “Ocean T-rex” suddenly appeared in the middle of the museum
- Extraterrestrial signals “bomb” the Chinese observatory: Scary origin
- Panicked because the “5 billion-year-old cosmic treasure” landed in the middle of the bedroom